Saturday 4 August 2012

One Step At A Time

After realizing that the injury would never just fade away, I ran my 4km today at a very slow pace. I also ran for 5 minutes than walked for 1 minute the whole way through. I'm pretty sure that helped a lot since my hip practically didn't hurt the whole way through. It was encouraging to see that even if I am injured and can't run at the same pace as I usually run, I can still just run to continue on with my program. I never want to completely stop running because it has become a part of my daily routine and what can I say, I just love it! I was watching the women's trialthlon in the London Olympics today and deep down inside of me I was like, hey, I would really like to do that one day. I love running and even though biking isn't the thing I love the most, I still do enjoy it. I also took swimming lessons when I was younger. It would be the thing that I would have to work on. I think I just enjoy pushing myself a lot. I like to be put into positions where I have to go beyond my capacities. But, the thing is, I don't necessarly want to compete in the Olympics or not even compete at all. I just know that one day I think I would like to participate in a triathlon. Maybe not an Iron Man ;) We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you can do 5/1 and it doesn't hurt so much...Youppi! :) You will totally run a triathlon if you decide to!! :)

    ReplyDelete