Friday 3 August 2012

Facing Reality

This project isn't turning out as I had planned. I hadn't planned that I would be injured to the point that I couldn't run more than 3.3km. If you had told me 3 months ago that I would be injured this bad, I would have never believed you. It's so frustrating when the only thing stopping you from running isn't the distance, the weather or because you don't have enough cardio, but because your body cannot allow you to go on. Yesterday, the day after running my hills without facing any pain, I really thought I had pulled through my injury. So, I went out to run a slow 6km with my mom, something I would have been able to do without any problems not so long ago. After 3.3km, as I have mentioned before, my hip really started to hurt again to the point where it was really, really uncomfortable. Back at home, we found some things that I could do to treat my injury. My mom said, "it's going to be ok, it's only a matter of time". But the thing is, I just want to run. I would much rather not have to deal with this sort of thing. It really takes away from the joy of running. It really is unavoidable if I want to get things back to the way they were. The reality is, if I don't treat it now, it won't magically go away. One of the things my mom has suggested me to do to keep my cardio is cross training. I'll be doing aquajogging, biking, etc. Today, to start things off, I have climbed the Mont-St-Hilaire with my friends Genevieve Gagnon. It was actually really fun! We took the hardest path that lasted 4.2km. My hip didn't hurt at all the whole way through, which is good. Once we were at the top, the view was just absolutely AMAZING! Here are some pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. J'ai hâte que tu puisses voir le Physiothérapeute Lolo...I know how hard and frustrating it is to deal with injury. Big hug...you'll get through this I know!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete