Monday 30 July 2012

Back Into Jogging!

After taking a long enough break from jogging, I have decided that from now on, I'm continuing my program. I have taken this decision today after running a slow 4km. It was hot outside but my hip didn't hurt as much as it used to and everything was good. I really feel like after all that time off, it has taken the time to heal enough to let me go on. After my run today, I really didn't feel so much pain and it never once almost made me stop from running. But, there is another thing that happened to me yesterday that was pretty bad. Yesterday morning, my friend and I decided to go to the beach in Montreal. Almost all day, I had this HUGE head ache and I would almost hallucinate at some points. It was really horrible. I thought it was maybe because it was too hot or I hadn't eaten enough but it was impossible. I had eaten very well all day and had drinken 2 big bottles of water, at least. When I came back home, I slept in the car the whole way throught. I also slept from 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. when I got back home. I didn't even eat all of my supper, which is rare, and went back to bed at 10:00 P.M., hoping it would all be gone tomorrow. The thing is, it was really stressing me out because I had never had this much of a head ache before and I was wondering if I had brain cancer or something. In the morning, I woke-up and it was already not as bad but I still didn't feel as I usually do. Around 3:00 P.M., after lying on the couch not doing anything, I finally felt good enough to go run outside. I didn't have so much of a head ache during my run and for right now it's not so bad either but I still don't feel 100%. I just hope it goes away and never comes back because I really don't like feeling this way, not being able to do anything. It's also really scary not knowing what's going on inside your body.

1 comment:

  1. Take it slow Laurence...whenever I would come back from injury, my PT (physiotherapist) would have me start very gradually. Like 4 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking X 5 on day, then X 7 the next, etc. Then a little more the next day and the next, to build the injury back up strongly. If you try and run the full program right away, you risk worsening your injury. You don't have to start back so far, but I would definitely start back run/walking and not just running :) My two cents...learned from experience! Go go go Lolo :)

    ReplyDelete